User Manual for RENPHO Smart Body Scale Elis Chroma
This manual is for following scale models: R-A017
Thank you for choosing RENPHO Elis Chroma. The scale provides 13 accurate body measurements and a wide range of customizable lighting options through the Renpho Health App. We wish you a pleasant experience and success on your health and fitness journey!
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USE.
1. The scale is for household use only and not for medical or commercial purposes.
2. Children under 8, the elderly, or individuals who are pregnant, have osteoporosis, a pacemaker, artificial joints, portable ECG or other metal implants should use the scale for weighing purposes only and make sure to wear shoes to prevent any electric current when stepping onto the scale.
3. All body composition data provided is for reference and should not be used as a substitute for advice from a licensed healthcare professional.
4. Do not overload the scale. (Maximum Capacity: 400lb / 180kg)
5. Inspect the scale for any damage before each use. Do not use a damaged scale to avoid inaccuracy or injury.
6. Only use the provided charging cable and charger (DC 5V 1A, not included) to charge the scale.
7. To ensure accuracy, use the scale on a hard, flat and dry surface.
8. To avoid interference or danger, do not use the scale in an environment near equipment with strong electromagnetic fields.
9. To prevent injury, do not stand on the edges of the scale, jump on or stomp it.
10. The scale is a delicate and precise measuring device. Handle with care to avoid breakage.
11. The scale is not waterproof. Keep it dry and never submerge it in water. To clean the surface, use a damp cloth or glass cleaner. Do not use soap or chemical cleaning agents.
12. Do not expose the scale to direct sunlight or use it in high temperatures or extremely humid areas. Store the scale in a cool, dry place.
13. Do not attempt to disassemble the battery or scale for any reason, as this may cause damage or void the warranty.
14. A lithium battery with a damaged container should not be exposed to water.
15. Do not heat the battery.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
Elis Chroma Scale x1
USB-C Charging Cable x1
User Manual x1
ABOUT YOUR ELIS CHROMA
* To preserve power, the scale will automatically shut off after 10 seconds of inactivity.
INITIALIZING YOUR ELIS CHROMA
1. Locate the reset button on the scale and insert a pin (not included) into it.
2. Press and release the pin to activate the scale for initial setup or to reset it to its default settings.
INSTALLING THE APP & PAIRING
1. Download the Renpho Health App
Scan the QR code below or search for "Renpho Health" from the App Store or Google Play to download the app.
Due to continuous updates and improvements, the "Renpho Health" App may appear slightly different.
2. Log in & Sign up
a. Log in directly with an existing Renpho App account.
b. If you do not have any Renpho App account, tap "Sign up" to register an account for Renpho Health App using your email address and fill in your personal information; this step is required for calculating your health measurements accurately.
Note: You may also log in using Guest Mode if you do not wish to register. However, your measurement data will not be saved if you log in the app on another device.
3. Pair the Scale via Bluetooth
Before pairing, enable Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- iOS devices (version: 12.0 or later) require Bluetooth permission.
- Android devices (version: 7.0 or later) additionally need location permission.
a. Open the Renpho Health App and step onto the scale with bare, dry feet.
b. Tap "Connect" to pair when a window pops up on the app.
a. Open the Renpho Health App and step onto the scale with bare, dry feet.
b. Tap "+" on the top right corner of the "Device" Page to connect manually.
c. Tap "Body Fat Scale" and then "+".
Note: Chroma customization settings and unit conversion should be performed with Bluetooth connection.
Tap"" in the upper-right corner of this page and follow the on-screen instructions to enter chroma customization settings, including color theme, weight health reading, sound activation, time activation and ambient light.
*The scale will show the chosen theme once you step onto it.
a. Tap "Color Theme" on the "Chroma Customization" page to choose a theme or disable lighting effects.
b. Tap "More" to access more theme and lighting effect options, and save.
*Once you enable the mode, the scale will show the color that corresponds to your weight measure_x005f ment to provide visual feedback on your weight's health status. For example, if your weight falls within the "Standard" range, the scale will show green.
To access the weight health reading mode, tap "Weight Health Reading" and toggle the switch to turn it on or off.
a. Tap "Sound Activation" to access the sound activation mode.
b. Switch on the mode, and if the scale detects nearby sounds, it will automatically light up between 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m., based on the time displayed on your smartphone.
Note: Increased power consumption of the scale may occur when this mode is enabled.
*Once you enable the time activation mode and set the alarm time, the scale will automatically light up at the specified time.
a. To set an alarm
• Tap "Time Activation" to set an alarm and theme for your alarm.
• Tap "+" or "Add" to select the desired alarm time. You can also choose one of these options:
Repeat: tap to set up a recurring alarm.
Remarks: tap to name your alarm.
• Tap "Save".
b. To edit an alarm
Tap the alarm, make your changes and then tap "Save".
c. To delete an alarm
Swipe left over the alarm and tap ""
Before switching on the mode, please ensure:
a. The scale is connected to the power supply using the provided charging cable.
b. The current power level of the scale is more than 50%.
6. Unit conversion
To switch units, go to "Settings" in the lower-right corner of this page > "Units".
CALIBRATING YOUR ELIS CHROMA
1. Place the scale on a flat, hard surface. Avoid any carpeting.
2. Step on the scale with a single foot to activate it and then step off.
3. The display will show "CAL" and then "0.0" or "0.00" to indicate calibrating is complete.
USING YOUR ELIS CHROMA
Tip: To directly obtain your data of weight, BMI and body fat from the scale's display, connect the scale to the Renpho Health App and perform an initial measurement for future user identification.
1. Make sure the scale is placed on a flat, hard surface.
2. After calibrating the scale, step on the scale with bare, dry feet, keep still and wait for the final measurement(s) to be shown on the scale's display.
3. After measuring, the scale will transmit the data to the app via Bluetooth. Open the app to sync and view your detailed measurements, track your progress, and access additional features and insights.
CHARGING YOUR ELIS CHROMA
Note: Do not use the scale for measuring while charging.
1. Display Issues
Weight, BMI, Body Fat
|Scale has been connected to the app to use, and this measurement was taken with bare feet.
|Scale has been connected to the app to use and this measurement was taken with socks or shoes.
|Scale has not been connected to the app to use, and this measurement was taken with socks or shoes.
|Scale has not been connected to the app, and this measurement was taken with bare feet.
2. Other Issues
The scale cannot detect body fat and/or other data.
a. Ensure your feet are dry and bare.
b. Stand and keep still until the final measurement(s) appear on the scale's display.
If still not available, try applying moisturizer to your feet and measure again or ask another person to try the 2 steps mentioned above.
I registered an account on the RENPHO website but failed to use it to log in to the Renpho Health App.
The RENPHO website and Renpho Health App are two separate systems. Please create an account for the Renpho Health App.
I can get my data of weight, body fat and BMI from the scale's display, but my family or friends failed.
Your family or friends must complete their profile information on your app using the "add a member" function or log in to the Renpho Health App with their own account.
|Body Fat Scale
|lb / kg
|0.4-400lb / 0.2-180kg
|0.2lb / 0.05kg
|295 x 280 x 28mm / 11.6 x 11 x 1.1in
Your RENPHO product purchase is covered by a one-year limited manufacturer warranty from the date of delivery.
For warranty terms and conditions, please visit:https://renpho.com/pages/warranty-terms-and-conditions
Note: Product registration is not required for the warranty. If you choose not to register your product, it will not void the product warranty.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
RENPHO Customer Service Team guarantees a quick response and hassle-free solutions to any issue you may have within business hours.
TEL: +1(844) 417 0149
FCC Regulatory Compliance
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
Warning: Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment.
Note: This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help.
RF Exposure Compliance
This equipment complies with FCC radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment. This transmitter must not be co-located or operating in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter.
ISED Regulatory compliance
This device contains licence-exempt transmitters that comply with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada’s licence-exempt RSS(s).
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1)This device may not cause interference.
(2)This device must accept any interference, including interference that may cause undesired operation of the device.
Le présent appareil est conforme aux CNR d'Industrie Canada applicables aux appareils radio exempts de licence. L'exploitation est autorisée aux deux conditions suivantes:
(1) l'appareil ne doit pas produire de brouillage, et (2) l'utilisateur de l'appareil doit accepter tout brouillage radioélectrique subi, même si le brouillage est susceptible d'en compromettre le fonctionnement.
This equipment complies with IC RSS-102 radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled environment.
Cet équipement est conforme aux limites d'exposition aux radiations IC CNR-102 établies pour un environnement non contrôlé.