Air Purifiers for Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Firstly, a virus in a HEPA filter does not “live” for long as the rough environment will break it down. Secondly, you can hoover the outside of HEPA filters but don’t wash them. Thirdly, if you have a respiratory infection such as COVID19, a HEPA filter can make breathing easier and also reduces the chances of complications with pneumonia by ensuring your lungs get clean air. Not all guaranteed, but definitely makes for an easier path to recovery. Air purifiers alone will not protect you from coronavirus, but it can contribute to an overall healthier indoor environment and better sleep.
HOW VIRUSES SPREAD & WHY AIR PURIFIERS CAN HELP
COVID-19 spreads by close person-to-person contact, especially when an infected person coughs or sneezes, according to the CDC. Virus particles are attached to and carried by water vapor, which are tiny droplets that float in a fine mist. Coughing is one of COVID-19’s main symptoms, so airborne transmission is a big concern.
The only way to reliably remove virus sized particles from the air is by circulating the entire volume of air in a room or enclosed space multiple times per hour to increase the likelihood that nearly weightless virus particles will enter the airflow of a filter.
To work effectively, a purifier must circulate air throughout your entire room.
RENPHO Air Purifier for Home Large Room with True HEPA Filter
RENPHO air cleaner helps to prevent the accumulation of dust on surfaces and can also trap airborne mold spores, bacteria, viruses and even pet odors. Even many of the cleanest homes have poor indoor air quality. That's because most of the materials and products found in our homes today off-gas small amounts of chemicals.As a result, an air purifier is now just as important as healthy eating and clean water to a healthier lifestyle.
Since health experts are advising more and more people to stay home, a HEPA air purifier can play a significant role in minimizing airborne transmission and supporting overall wellness.
RENPHO Air Purifier
• 5 Stage Filtration System: Pre-Filter (Washable), Charcoal Filter, Activated Carbon Filter, Filter, TRUE HEPA Filter. Effectively eliminates 99. 97% airborne pollutants like allergens odors pet dander dust smoke pollen and particles as small as 0. 3 microns. With a CADR rate of 135 CFM (230 m³/h), it circulates air 3 times per hour in rooms up to 301 sq. ft (28 m²).
• Smart Air Quality Monitor: With a built-in smart air quality sensor, set the air purifier to auto mode, it can detect air quality at every moment, automatically change colors and adjust fan speeds based on the air quality it senses.
• Whisper-Quiet Operation: Sleep mode is awesome for the bedroom with a noise level at 35dB. Set timer to auto shut off to conserve energy while you sleep. Child lock mode makes it can be locked so that not affected by the curious cat, or any children.
• Separated Filter Replacement Indicator: Replace the single filter when the appropriate filter indicator light starts to flash, not need to replace all filters together as one piece, which helps to save your money. The filter set is available for purchase (Search for RP-AP001 Filter).
• Safe & Certified: No UV-C, No harmful Ozone. Intertek ETL/CARB(California Air Resources Board)/CA PROP 65 certified for sale in California.
Air purifiers do one thing and do it very well: remove fine particles from the air. They are especially good at rapidly filtering out the most common airborne allergens, including dust and pollen; mold, mildew, and fungal spores; pet dander; dust mites and their excrement; soot from automobiles; and tobacco, marijuana, and wildfire smoke. HEPA purifiers also capture most bacteria and many viruses.
Air purifier owners offer extensive, almost universal testimony that the machines improve their sleep, reduce their allergies, or lessen their asthma symptoms, and recent studies have begun investigating an association between particulate pollution and degenerative brain disorders, including Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease. Air pollution from US combustion emissions alone results in 200,000 premature deaths a year, according to a 2013 MIT study.
However, in the US air purifiers cannot be marketed as medical devices. That’s because it is exceptionally difficult to disentangle the known air-quality impacts listed above from other environmental and genetic factors that influence health.
HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters don’t capture volatile organic compounds (VOCs, or more broadly, odors and fumes). To reduce them you need significant amounts of an adsorbent (typically activated charcoal, which chemically binds to and immobilizes the VOCs) and/or a class of minerals known as zeolites, whose extremely fine pores allow them to function as molecular filters. Our VOC pick has significant amounts of both.
How To Avoid Coronavirus
At the moment there is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. The best way to stay safe is to follow the recommendations from the CDC
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• Wash hands often
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Air Purifier
Clean or replace filters regularly. As a general rule, you should replace them (or clean those that can be vacuumed) every six to 12 months for pleated filters and every three months for carbon filters.
Place it wisely. If you have just one unit, place it in the room where you spend the most time. For most people, that’s the bedroom. These machines can be heavy and clunky to move around, so if you want an air purifier in multiple rooms, you may want to buy a unit for each room. Make sure to place the air purifier in a spot where nothing can obstruct airflow—away from curtains, for instance.
Keep your purifier running 24/7. And keep doors and windows closed while it’s in use. We suggest running the unit on the high setting when you’re not in the room and turning it down to low when you’re nearby.
You deserve better and so does your family. home, office, and work space. Make the smarter choice today because we care.
Live healthy, live smart. #RenphoCare